Pages

Monday 18 November 2019

creative writing - a drug mission

My mother was walking my sister and I into the airport to catch our flight. It was 4:15pm. As we were approaching the luggage scanner, I felt almost startled as I saw the high numbers of security. The echo of vicious dogs - I assume to be drug dogs - in the luggage room out back caused my heart rate to increase. How could I be so stupid?

Little did I remember, I had completely forgotten the weed I had left in the front pocket of my bag. It was only like 2 grams, surely they might not notice it. I  looked at my mother and she glared right back with a smile, she was upset to have to leave me, but my lingering thoughts only imagined what she knew. What if she knows I have it, or if not, how will she react when I get caught. My heart rate increased, my mouth started to taste bitter. I could feel my hair’s stiffening up, the goosebumps crawling upon my skin. I. Am. Screwed. As I was holding my mother’s hand, I started to excessively sweat. I could feel the heat and dampness between our skin. She released my hand, wiping the sweat onto her black skinny jeans. My arms felt heavy, my knees felt limp, what am i doing.” It's fine, they’re not gonna find it, i'm not gonna get caught”, I thought to myself.

We start putting our luggage on to the luggage escalator. My mum reaches to pick up my suitcase, “-wait”. I interrupt her and she pauses in confusion. “I forgot to get my headphones”. I unzip my bag reaching into to grab the weed. Firmly holding it in my sweaty hands and pulling it out cautiously. “Oh nevermind, I just remembered they’re in my pocket”. She looks at me and shrugs it off. She continued getting all our bags scanned. Phew, that was a close one.

I rush to the bathroom and dispose of it in the feminine bins. I am now finally safe. “flight number 3565283 to Singapore is now boarding at gate 12”, the loud speaker echoes through the bathroom stalls. All I was concerned about now was the excessive odor in these public bathrooms. Gross.

I board my flight and continuously think to myself, what would’ve happened if I got caught. Would I have gone to jail? Would I be able to catch another flight? Or did I go through all of that pressure and tension and never have even gotten caught? Either way I played it safe and got away with it. Next time, I’ll remember to always double check my bag and make sure I didn’t leave my weed in there.

1 comment:

  1. Please paragraph your writing asap! You also need to edit and proof it, too. Good use of sentences, Pearl, and the 5 senses. remember to be as detailed as possible; so instead of "It was maybe be around 4ish, put "it was 4:15 and ..." :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.