Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

Memoir

As I walked through the tall dark gates I could smell the sunflower bushes and hear the bees buzzing in my ears. There were flowers everywhere, the carpet was so soft and squishy. The sunshine was gleaming through the classroom windows.

We had an abundant amount of learning except it was mostly playing games. Honestly, it's nowhere near as my thoughts of kindy. Well, actually i don't really know how i thought of it. I just couldn't wait for break time.


I looked up glaring at the tall shady playground, my first thought i got really anxious because i thought when i ascend the ladder i might fall. I was very nervous when it came to heights but i was desperate to go on the slide! The trees were swaying side to side creating a heavy gust of wind. I decided to climb back down and pass for today. Then i saw this amusing swing. These 2 girls were on it and i was scared to ask them for a turn but i decided to go for it. “Can i have a turn?” I said in a quiet squeaky voice. “No! You can have a turn tomorrow but I'm on it all day today”. I could tell they didn’t like me that much. She was wearing a pink striped long sleeve fluffy looking shirt with blue jeans and she had many freckles below her eyes. Her hair was long, brown and tied up. She was taller than me and that’s why i was so worried to come over. I felt isolated after she told me to leave. I then went inside and felt a bit…. Off? It was a weird feeling but after those words, i feel like i don't fit in.

Then a miracle happened. This little girl that looked like a mini young grandma came over. She had cute eyes like an angel. “Do you want to make a fort with me?”. "Okay, thank you". I spoke in a quiet pitch voice. We skipped over to the blocks. She had glasses that made her eyes look big and gorgeous freckles under her eyes. We ended up becoming really close for that year.

At the end of the day, it was time to go home. I wanted to leave but i didn't really mind staying. Either way, i couldn't wait for tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl
    I really like the way you described the the scent and the sound!
    Maybe you could say what school you went to

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.